Monday, August 3, 2009

Twitter - It's like the new Ebay...

…well not really. You wont find someone selling their complete collection of 1970’s Pez dispensers or a grilled cheese sandwich with someone’s face burned into the bread. But what you will find are some very intriguing offers. Sometimes they seem to good to be true. Take for instance a few weeks ago, I had been following Jet Blue and they tweeted an incredible offer for $9 flights (one way) out of select airports. Have you ever heard of an airplane ticket for $9?? I am used to the Southwest offer during the summers that are for about $29 each way but, $9?! That got my attention. If I was planning a trip or had some vacation time available, I would have been all over it. I wish that offer was running in June when we took a family trip to Disneyland - I will make sure to check here again before buying my tickets. ING had a promotion the other day that just asked you use your Internet enabled phone to search for ATMs in your area. Then you needed to just Tweet how many ATMs were in your zipcode area. The promo was limited to 24 hours. After that they would choose randomly a winner for a new iPhone/Blackberry. When I entered the promo it was only a few hours old and there were only about 200 entrants. I’m hoping to win. Whether or not Twitter sticks around for the long haul I don’t know, but I have a feeling it will. If you’re on Twitter, you can look me up – my user name is ambkkpg.

No comments:

Post a Comment