Friday, July 10, 2009

Watch out for your credit score

I have an American Express business card. Recently they lowered my credit limit within $100 to my total balance on the card. My balance was was not even 25% of my total available credit. I never was late with my payments and always paid at least a little above the minimum payment and sometimes more. Of course my first reaction was panic that it would impact my credit score which is between 750 & 780. I asked to appeal this decision and they basically laughed in my face. When I recently went to do a balance transfer on another credit card of mine, I was declined even though I had the available credit to use because they said within the past few months something happened to lower my credit score to the 720s (which is still supposed to be good, right?) I'm so fed up with credit cards over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment